Olympia, a city of ancient Greece in Elis, known as the venue for the Olympic Games in classical times. In Olympia was the gold and ivory statue of Zeus by Phidias, which was known in ancient times as one of the seven wonders of the world. The origins of the Olympic Games dating back to 776 BC and held every four years.
It took its name from the nature of the mountain which in winter it is the "snowy mountain".
The distance from Patras is 88 km via Diakofto and 73km through Chalandritsa.
The distance between Kalavryta town and ski area is 15 km.
Near the village of Kastria Achaia 16.5km from Kalavryta, is the Cave of the Lakes. The 13 successive lakes, make it unique in its kind in the world. The developed length of the cave is 500 meters and the total length is 1,980 m The visitor enters the cave through an artificial tunnel which leads directly to the second (of three) floor. The crossing of the lake become by small bridges.
Agia Lavra is a historic monastery in Kalavryta one of the oldest monasteries of the Greek territory, known as the place of the Greek Revolution of 1821. Located about 4 km west of the city of Kalavryta on a hill at an altitude of 960 meters.
The ancient theater of Epidaurus is considered as the finest ancient Greek theater in terms of acoustics and aesthetics. Located on the area of Asklepios Epidaurus near the village Lygourio. The ancient theater was built between 340 b.c. and 330 b.c. The theater was built for entertaining the patients of Asklepios but also as a means of treatment as it was believed that theater had beneficial effects on mental and physical health of patients. The ancient theater had a capacity of 13,000 spectators. Divided into two parts. The upper by 21 rows of seats for the citizens and the bottom by 34 rows of seats for the priests and rulers.
Tiryns is a city of Argolis in the Peloponnese. Archaeological excavations made in the period 1884-1885 by Heinrich Schliemann brought to light the ancient Tiryns, the famous "Cyclopean" walls, which, according to legend, built themselves Cyclops. Of the surviving ruins you can see the treasure of Atreus (vaulted tomb), the domed tomb of Clytemnestra, the Lion Gate, the Royal palace, the temple, the North Gate and the underground water tank etc. Many of the findings are in the new, modern, Museum of Mycenae, causing admiration of millions of visitors from all over the world.
The monastery is located ten kilometers north east of Kalavryta on the road connecting the highway Patras - Athens with Kalavryta, and is built into the opening of a large natural cave (hence its name) at an altitude of 940 meters. In perfect harmony with the wild and dramatic scenery of the area, the eight-storey monastery complex nails and the most indifferent visitor. The Monastery which is considered the oldest in Greece, was built in 362 AD by monks Simeon and Theodore.
The Loutra (Baths) of Kyllini are within 15 minutes from the Vartholomio village and 10 minutes from Kastro. The larger size of the area covered by pine forest which ends in long beach. The name was taken from the area's hot springs known since Roman times. Today a spa is in operation.
The Diakofto–Kalavryta Railway is a historic gauge rack railway in Greece. Located on the northern Peloponnese, it runs 22 km from Diakofto through the Vouraikos Gorge and the old Mega Spilaion Monastery and up to Kalavryta, stopping en route at Zachlorou.